Insurance is about relationships – no secret. Successful insurance agents and brokers cultivate relationships beyond their clients to other employees, underwriters, centers of influence, etc. We have mentioned The Art of Schmoozing previously, but Andrew Sobel has a more fundamental approach for cultivating relationships called 12 Relationship Principles For Life (see here) that is applicable to our business. A few of his principles are outlined below, and the article has the complete list.
- Build your network before you need it
- Be generous with your time and wisdom, and help others with no expectation of receiving anything in return
- Follow the person—not the position
- Become truly distinctive at something that’s of value to others
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about your work...and everything else you do
- Be genuinely interested in others
- Demonstrate integrity at all times
We each have our own approach and style, but most of us more or less follow these principles.
Specialty Insurance Expertise: Tennant Risk Services
Content © Tennant Risk Services Insurance Agency, LLC, 2005 - 2017 | All Rights Reserved.