Concern about the impact of a bird flu pandemic on the insurance business continues, and we continue to watch out for the needs of insurance agents and brokers. Here are some additional links that may be helpful to insurance agents and brokers, both for their own protection and for use with their clients:
- CDC: Economic Impact of Pandemic Influenza in the United States (see here).
- InsJournal: Insurers Should Expect Next Influenza Pandemic to be Severe, Experts Say (see here).
- ABD: Pandemic Planning & Preparedness (see here).
- RMS, the catastrophe modeling company, has completed a model for assessing the impact of a flu pandemic (see here).
- Aon: Businesses Unprepared For The Greatest Threat Facing Their Business Today: Pandemic Influenza (see here).
- III: Pandemic: Can the Life Insurance Industry Survive the Avian Flu? (see here)
- Risk & Ins: Flying on a Wing and a Prayer – Flu is not an insurable event (see here).
See also our prior post: Insurance & a Flu Pandemic – March 10, 2006
Update: See ActuarialNews: Pandemics - Are We Prepared?